Mon, Dec 23|
Bright Art Gallery and Cultural Centre
Abstract ink in Bright (1)
Join us for this great day of abstract ink painting with artist Sofie Dieu. Open to beginners and advanced artists alike, you will experiment with many techniques, various paper qualities and different tools. A workshop not to be missed!
Time & Location
Dec 23, 2019, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Bright Art Gallery and Cultural Centre, 28 Mountbatten Ave, Bright VIC 3741, Australia
About the event
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the main principles of ink painting and will learn the central role of water to compose a balanced artwork.
In the morning, you will discover ‘wet on wet’ and ‘wet on dry’ techniques, and will experiment through layering effects to create light and darkness. You will also discover various texture rendering techniques to add depth and value to your art.
In the afternoon, you will be introduced to gold leaf and white ink detailing. You will also create your own art work(s). A short and casual exhibition will be organised by the end of the workshop, for everyone to enjoy each others’ work
This workshop also includes tips for ink management, brush and paper qualities, how to use negative and positive space efficiently.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
- a series of techniques on an A4 watercolour paper (to which you will be able to refer to in the future)
- one A5 practice work to experiment with the newly learned techniques
- two A3 paintings (or more if you are prolific!) with your own art.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING:
- A4 and A3 watercolour paper sheets
- small rounded or pointy brushes (1 for ink, 1 for glue), 2 large flat brushes (for water and ink)
- black acrylic ink
- Gold leaf and gold leaf glue
- apron, rags, absorbant towel paper, newspaper to protect their working surface
- a few large containers (reuse take away containers!) and 1 small container for ink (reuse a bottle plastic lid)
Abstract ink in Bright
IMPORTANT Cancellation is available for a full refund before the 25th of August 2019. No refund will be available after that date