CANCELED! Colour series at Malvern Artists Society
Time & Location
About the event
This course is composed of 6 classes of 2.5 hours each. Each week is dedicated to a colour and colour mix, technical and creative skills as well as personal explorations. You will learn about the meaning of colour and how to use them purposefully and skilfully. You will also learn about classic and contemporary artists and how they have pushed the boundaries of colour in their own work.
WHO IS IT FOR
This program is for you if
- You are experimental, intuitive and desire to step outside of yourself and find new creative paths
- You want to build your mix media techniques and colour skills
- You have little to no experience using colour in a meaningful way
- You are an experienced or an amateur artist willing to expand your own practice
- You are creatively independent and want to move beyond the fundamentals of colour theory
This series of classes is not intended to teach you colour theory the traditional way. It is not about showing you how to replicate another artist's artworks or to produce hyper realistic paintings.
- Build strong foundations in colour
- Expand your knowledge in colour, texture, mix media art history and techniques
- Obtain skills to build and maintain an independent artistic practice
- Develop confidence to undertake experimental technical/artistic approaches in developing your own style and creative potential
Each class requires cartridge paper, primary colour paint and dry medium as well as additional material that will be specified 3 weeks prior to the start of the colour series.
Expect to use material such as:
- gouache / oil / acrylic paint (you will choose the type of paint you prefer to work with), primary colours (mandatory) and additional colours as you wish.
- dry media such as pastel / pencils
- a variety of brushes, size/ finish that you already own. If you don't have any, Sofie will bring some on the first day for you to try before you buy your own.
- cartridge paper for experimentation, but also cardboard, tissue paper, recycled paper etc...
- canvas (pre-stretched or loose) of the dimension of your choice.
- Member Ink series$0$00$0
- Non-member Ink series$0$00$0