Floral ink in Bright
Time & Location
About the event
In this floral workshop, you will develop your own visual lexicon to create your personal vision of Australian native flowers.
In the morning, you will be introduced to the subtle art of layering, playing with light and darkness as well as texture, to create stunning backgrounds, on which you will later paint the flowers of your choice.
In the afternoon, you will experiment with white ink detailing, using brushes and pen, to add depth and contrast to your paintings. A casual display will be organised by the end of the workshop, for everyone to enjoy each others’ work.
This workshop also includes tips for composition, archival arts, and how to create in series while remaining creative and avoiding repetitiveness.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
- A4 paintings on watercolour paper with your own floral art
- A3 paintings (or more if you are prolific!)
PARTICIPANTS MUST PREPARE
- A4 and A3 watercolour paper sheets, bring a few so you have enough to play with. Do NOT detatch paper from pads, do NOT pre-cut large sheets of paper!
- tissue paper (2 large sheets) + cartridge or photocopy paper A4 and A3
- brushes size 3 or 4 (1 for ink, 1 for white ink, such as https://www.artshedbrisbane.com.au/bamboo-brush-with-goat-hair), 2 large flat brushes (1 for water, 1 for glue such as https://www.artshedbrisbane.com.au/unipro-flat-brush-unpainted-handle%20)
- black ink such as https://www.artshedbrisbane.com.au/art-spectrum-ink-50ml
- white ink such as https://www.eckersleys.com.au/talens-ecoline-liquid-water-colour-inks-30ml
- liquid white craft glue (25ml) (transparent craft glue or stick glue won't work for this)
- 3 x large containers for water and glue (recycled take away plastic containers, avoid glass jars), 2 x as small as you can find containers for ink with lid.
- plants or flowers of your choice (2 to 3 species max)
- notebook + pen + HB or 2B pencil
- ruler + scissors/Stanley knife
- apron, rags, absorbant towel paper, newspaper to protect the table
- Abstract ink in Bright$108$1080$0