Ink Day with Malvern Artists Society (1)
Time & Location
About the event
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the main principles of ink painting and will learn the central role of water to compose a balanced artwork.
In the morning, you will discover ‘wet on wet’ and ‘wet on dry’ techniques, and will experiment through layering effects to create light and darkness. You will also discover various texture rendering techniques to add depth and value to your art.
In the afternoon, you will be introduced to gold leaf and white ink detailing. You will also create your own art work(s). A short exhibition will be organised by the end of the workshop, for everyone to enjoy each others’ work
This workshop also includes tips for ink management, brush and paper qualities, how to use negative and positive space efficiently.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
- a series of techniques on an A4 watercolour paper (to which you will be able to refer to in the future)
- one A5 practice work, on supplied watercolour paper, to experiment with the newly learned techniques
- two A3 paintings (or more if you are prolific!) with your own art.
- Chinese ink and acrylic ink
- Bamboo pen
- Feather pen
- Some brushes
- A5 watercolour paper
- Gold leaf and gold leaf glue
- White ink and white ink pen
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING:
- 1 x A4 and 2 (or more if desired) A3 watercolour paper sheets
- 3 x size 2 or 3 brush (1 for ink, 1 for glue, 1 for white ink), 1 large brush (for water)
- apron, rags, absorbant towel paper, newspaper to protect their working surface
- 1 x large container for water and 1 x as small as you can find container for ink
- Ink at Malvern Artists' Scty$115$1150$0