Introduction to ink painting and gold leaf
Time & Location
About the Event
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the main principles of ink painting and will learn the central role of water to compose a balanced artwork.
In the morning, you will discover ‘wet on wet’ and ‘wet on dry’ techniques, and will experiment through layering effects to create light and darkness. You will also discover various texture rendering techniques to add depth and value to your art.
This workshop also includes tips for ink management, brush and paper qualities, how to use negative and positive space efficiently.and casual display of your work will be organised by the end of the workshop, for everyone to enjoy each others’ art.
This workshop also includes tips for ink management, brush and paperqualities, how to use negative and positive space efficiently.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
- a series of techniques on an A4 watercolour paper (to which you will be able to refer to in the future)
- one A5 practice work to experiment with the newly learned techniques
- a series of A4 or A3 paintings with your own art.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING:
- A4 and A3 watercolour paper sheets
- small rounded or pointy brushes (1 for ink, 1 for glue), 2 large flat brushes (for water and ink). Prefer natural fibers over synthetic.
- black acrylic ink
- Gold leaf and gold leaf glue
- apron, rags, absorbant towel paper, newspaper to protect their working surface
- a few large containers (reuse take away containers!) and 1 small container for ink (reuse a bottle plastic lid)
- Abstract ink at Gasworks$110$1100$0