Sun, Oct 16|
Vancouver Arts Centre
Natural Ink + Pastel Workshop
Suitable for all levels, this workshop focuses on edible and medicinal plants. Ideal for artists interested in learning to combine natural ink, pastel, collage, and small print. This workshop makes space for personal experimentation and a lot of fun!
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2022, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Vancouver Arts Centre, 85 Vancouver St, Albany WA 6330
About the event
In this mix media workshop, you will learn how to combine different dry and wet media to achieve best results. Though colour theory will be touched on, you will mostly approach colour from an instinctive and creative way.
Australian native plants known for being edible or for their medicinal properties will be our source of inspiration for the day. You will learn how to draw them in a detailed yet easy way that allows experimentation and fun.
This workshop steps outside the scientific way to render plants known as botanical art. Instead, it gives the opportunity to explore your personal relationship to native flora.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING
- a few A4 and A3 watercolour paper sheets
- some photocopy paper sheets for practice
- 2x natural fiber/sable brushes size 0 or 1 (for details), 2x medium sable brushes for larger areas size 2 to 5
- 1x large flat goat hair brushes (at least 2cm wide)
- watercolours or coloured ink (the brand Golden is fantastic!)
- pastels (watercolour pencils are good too, but won't give the powdery effect of the pastels)
- rice glue (or liquid glue), and a flat brush to apply it
- scissors/knife and a cutting board
- apron, rags, absorbant towel paper, newspaper to protect your table
- 2 x large containers for water (recycled take away plastic containers), a few small containers for ink (with lid if possible)
- notebook + pen + HB or 2B pencil
- wear clothes that don't risk colour stains
Natural Ink + Pastel WorkshopA$100.00